– Every 3 days in Ukraine-250 children are placed into the orphanages.

– Every 3 days, in institutional care facilities 1 child dies – in loneliness and without people that love them because of illness or accident.

picyThe above map shows the ratio of children in institutions with the status of orphan to those children that have been abandoned by parents that have not had their rights severed.
The 2015 statistics show that over 100,000 children are in the care of the government and living in orphanages. Only about 10% of them (shown in blue) are orphans, the other 90% (shown in orange) are children who have parents but are forced to live outside the family environment. In fact, more than 90,000 of these children are considered in many ways orphans, but they cannot be adopted. That’s why help of donors is vital to ease these children’s leaving conditions.

Please Donate

As of January 20, 2015, UWB is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. The contributions to the organization are exempt from federal income.

  • PayPal: ukiwomenofchi@att.net
  • Direct Deposit to UWB bank account at Selfreliance UAFCU – Routing# 271080817 Account # 02163803

Orphanages’ Network in UA

Lviv region:

  • Krakovetskiy
  • Bukovskiy
  • Velykolyubinskiy
  • Zovtantsi
  • Orphanages “Dobre Sertce”, “Vyshenka”

Ivano-Frankivsk region:

  • Snyatynskiy
  • Zaluchanskiy

Ternopil region:

  • Ternopilskiy Center for Psychosocial Rehabilitation of Orphans

Donetsk region:

  • Chasovoyarivskiy